1. First, you will want to download the MAV Claim Form and apply for assistance to keep you going until your insurance claim and any legal action you have going on is finished. We can help with emergency relief to do things like keep food on the table for your kids, pay utility bills so your family won’t lose your heat if it’s cold out, or keeping the lights on, or generally whatever it is that you need during that period right after an accident… When you can’t work and are trying to recover. Claim_Form2019.
We also can direct you to a support group for those with Disabilities Due To Injury.JAY HAWTHORN hosts the group on Wednesdays from 10:30 am – 12:30 at the WELL coffehouse, located at 6949 Lancaster Pike, Hockessin, DE. Freee lunch provided. — It’s a good idea to talk to someone who knows what you are going through and can offer some encouragement and helpful advice. Email us through our contact us page with your email and phone number and we will forward it to Jay so he can get in touch with you if you need more info.
If you are looking for a church with No Dress Code that has a slightly different approach, we urge you to check out First State FREEDOM BIKER CHURCH. 22 Parkway Circle – New Castle, DE 19720 — If you are too far away or cannot travel, we encourage you to check them out online at freedombikerchurchde.com or on youtube (freedom biker church first state)
2. Next you will most likely need a good attorney. Not sure how to find a competent LAWYER to handle your case? We recommend Tim Lengkeek (voted Top Personal Injury Lawyer multiple times). Tim is MAV’s go to guy when it comes to anything legal. We know you will be in good hands if you turn to Mr. Lengkeek for representation. If you are outside of Delaware, Tim can put you in touch with a competent attorney in your home state. Give him a call and be sure to tell him M.A.V. sent you.
Timothy E. Lengkeek
Tim represents people who have been injured or killed as a result of medical mistakes, auto or work accidents, or by defective products. His results include over a dozen cases where the settlement or verdict was $1 million or higher, including:
• $6,000,000 to the family of a woman killed in a motor vehicle
collision involving a drunk driver;
• $3,500,000 to a client who lost his leg after receiving an overdose
of medication in a hospital emergency room;
• $3,090,000 to a client who suffered a brain injury and significant
orthopedic injuries in a collision involving a commercial
• $3,000,000 to the family of a pedestrian killed in a
work related truck accident.
Tim was President of the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association (“DTLA”) in 2012-2013. He has been on DTLA’s Board of Governors since 2004, serving as co-editor of The Advocate, DTLA’s quarterly publication, co-membership chair, and Vice-President of the organization. He also volunteers his time representing children in proceedings pending before the Family Court of Delaware through the Office of Child Advocate and serves as a volunteer attorney for Delaware Volunteer Legal Services. Tim also counsels the Motorcycle Accident Victims Foundation (“MAV”), a non-profit charity that provides assistance to motorcyclists injured in motorcycle accidents due to no fault of their own. Tim is the Chair of the Personal Injury Section of the firm and serves on the firm’s Associate and Paralegal Committees
Tim represents people throughout the State of Delaware. Despite many seven figure awards, Tim does not shy away from “smaller cases” or those against formidable opponents. For cases outside Delaware, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland, he works with local attorneys in each state as applicable.
- 2014 Delaware Today Top Lawyer for Medical Negligence and as voted by readers, Top Personal Injury Lawyer
- Recognized as one of Delaware’s Top Personal Injury Lawyers, Delaware Today magazine, 2010 and 2012 (received highest number of statewide votes in this category)
- Philadelphia magazine, Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2012 – 2015
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Martindale Hubbell, Peer Review Rating AV Preeminent
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, President (2012-2013)
- American Association for Justice, Board Member (2011-2013)
- Randy J. Holland Inn of Court
- St. Thomas Moore Society
- Delaware Office of the Child Advocate, Volunteer Attorney
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Rutgers Law Journal, Former Staff Member and Editor
- Rutgers University School of Law, Hunter Advanced Moot Court Competition, Finalist
3. We have your back! Rest up and heal so we can ride with you soon. Call with any questions or concerns you may have. We hope to see you at our next event!
Motorcycle Accident Victims Foundation – established in 1994
Proudly helping fellow riders for over 2 decades.